Yup! That’s what I said! I’ve been making this cheesecake for 10 years now and I couldn’t rave about this recipe more than I do. I initially found it in a magazine that’s now called Gluten Free Living. I absolutely LOVE this gluten free cheesecake recipe and have tweaked it over time to be the perfect dessert for my household.
My daughter has been on a unicorn (unitorn) kick for almost a year and a half now, and upon seeing a fun unicorn dipping creation on Pinterest, my children asked to make it. I was in the mood for cheesecake though so we went with that and it was a huge success! So much fun with all the colors and it’s what got them excited to start helping me in the kitchen.
Ingredients You’ll Need
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese, room temperature
1½ cups sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 package of Glutino Chocolate or Vanilla Cookies or Gluten Free graham crackers
5 tbsp unsalted butter
Topping of choice
How to Make Unicorn Cheesecake!
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. I use The Perfect Oreo Cookie Crust Recipe from Crazy for Crust. Her recipe isn’t a gluten free recipe but it’s so easy to make it gluten free. Start with half the amount of butter and add it to it as needed. We all know gluten free substitutes can have a different consistency, so start off with half the amount and work from there!
3. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue beating for a few minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating to combine. Then beat in remaining ingredients.
4. Divide the cream cheese mixture into a bowl for each color you want to use. I have colored all of the mixture using 6-8 colors, but this time I poured half into the pan and divided the other half into four other bowls for coloring.
5. Slowly begin to add one color at a time with a spoon and kind of scatter it around the pan. Don’t use all of each color at once though. Once you add all of the colors in once, take a fork and swirl it around a little. Repeat this step until all cheesecake mixture is used.
6. Pour the filling into a springform pan that contains a cooled prebaked crust.
7. Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for 2 hours or until the top is golden and feels firm yet soft like a baked custard. Begin checking after 90 minutes. Internal temperature should be 150 degrees.
8. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for about an hour. Five minutes after shutting off the oven, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to help prevent cheesecake from cracking as it cools and settles.
9. Remove cheesecake from the oven and cool completely before chilling in the refrigerator. Cover with toppings of your choice. Slice and serve.
Chill, Slice and Enjoy!
Please let me know how much you enjoy this recipe! And please, hop on over to my Facebook group to share a photo and let us know how you liked it!! Be sure to subscribe to my blog to keep up with other gluten free treats such as Monster Cookies, Sugar Cookies and delicious Brownies.