The Perfect Party Snack
There’s not much more I love than having delicious appetizers while hosting a party, but it’s slim pickings when you’re gluten free. Oh the things I miss – fried calamari, onion rings, and mozzarella sticks, just to name a few. But hang onto your hats because I’m about to show you the easiest recipe ever for making gluten free mozzarella sticks, and you won’t be sad at another party you host again!
1 16 oz bag of mozzarella sticks
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups Ian’s Gluten Free Italian Breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2/3 cups gluten free flour – My favorite is Namaste Gluten Free Flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 qt oil for deep frying
1. In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water together.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the flour and cornstarch in another medium sized bowl.
4. In a large saucepan (I prefer to use my dutch oven) or a fryer, heat the oil to 365 degrees F.
5. Working with one mozzarella stick at at time, coat the mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and finished with the breadcrumbs.
6. Carefully drop the coated mozzarella stick into the oil and fry for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
7. Serve with marinara sauce. You can find my homemade recipe here! It’s fast, easy and delicious!
When Will You Make These?
We’ve yet to have company over for me to make these, but we did go the appetizer route for Christmas this year! It was delicious and super laid-back, which is exactly what we needed. I think it’s likely a new tradition for us!
My husband isn’t much of a party person so I’ll get him on board with hosting a party for a UFC fight since that’s what all his friends like. I don’t care why we hang out, I just like being around people, so picking a big sporting event is always my go to since I know he’ll agree. Haha!! Tricks of the trade! LOL
Let me know how you like this recipe and be sure to subscribe so you can keep up with new recipes! If you’re looking to host a party sometime soon, you should take a look at my gluten free onion rings, jalapeño poppers and buffalo chicken dip!
I’d love to see you over in my Facebook community, so be sure to join us over HERE! We talk about lots of great things like food, fashion, life, etc. It’s a great place, if I do say so myself!