Yes, you read that right – you’re going to attempt the most amazing gluten free homestyle onion ring recipe ever! It’s not often I feel as if I’m going without by being gluten free because there are countless options wherever I go, but I notice it when I look at the appetizer section at a restaurant! It only took me 10 years to find the right recipe for me to adapt in the ways best suited for the gluten free route. We all know it’s not as easy as changing up the flour, more goes into it than that, and here’s the fruit of my labor! Enjoy!
1. Heat oil in a fryer or dutch oven to 365 degrees F. Next, setup your work station by placing wire racks on top of baking sheets to minimize mess.
2. Separate the onion slices into rings and set aside.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
4. Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until all are coated, then set aside.
5. Whisk the egg and milk into the flour together.
6. Dip the flour rings into the batter to coat, then place on the wire racks so the batter can drain until it stops dripping.
7. Spread the Ian’s Breadcrumbs on a plate and coat onion rings one by one. Tap the onion rings so the excess breadcrumbs fall off, and the onion ring should be well coated. Repeat with remaining rings until all are coated.
8. Deep fry the rings for 2-3 minutes at a time, or until golden brown. Remove the paper towels to drain.
So What Do You Think?
Are you excited to make these? Just typing out this blog post has me wanting to plan an appetizer night for dinner this week! Don’t forget to take a look at the other recipes I have up on this blog, such as mozzarella sticks, buffalo chicken dip, general tao chicken, sugar cookies, unicorn cheesecake, and more!
Don’t forget to hop on over to my Facebook community because I’d love to see your pretty face!