Why Does My Sponsor Choice Matter?
You all know I sell Paisley Raye but this is not Paisley Raye specific at all! Choosing to follow your instinct and open your own direct sales business is not an easy decision, it’s a scary one, and choosing your sponsor shouldn’t result in you feeling regret.
Selecting a sponsor that best fits your needs is important because you’ll have a working relationship with them for as long as you both represent your chosen company. They will be your primary point of contact when an issue arrises or when you have questions. Are you looking for someone to actively lead you, or have a more passive approach? How do YOU learn and thrive best?
Keep a few things in mind before signing up – first, their success does not guarantee your success. And secondly, their failure (or choice to discontinue) doesn’t mean yours.
Questions to Ask About Your Sponsor
1. What is your sponsor’s method for growth? Is it by using things like loops, ladders, mass adding giveaways, or organic? Secret answer here – you want to look for organic growth.
2. How transparent is your sponsor? Do you feel as if you’re being met with resistance on some of your questions? If so, this is an extremely personal decision, especially with Paisley Raye because of the hefty upfront cost, and transparency is key. How many hours a week are they working, what does their schedule look like, and the type of sales do they do monthly? What sort of training will they provide once you’re a member of their Team?
3. What is their personal WHY? You might find common ground or realize your differences would impede on the positive relationship you’re both seeking.
4. Ask what they can provide you as a sponsor that others might not be able to provide. What are you specifically looking for? Strong leadership with resources available, more of a fun atmosphere, tips on how to make your business run smoother, an easy to follow group despite timezone differences, training calls, 1:1 coaching, etc.?
5. Tell them what you need financially each month in your pocket to make the business work for your life, and ask them to help you see what that schedule would look like for yourself. With Paisley Raye, your monthly goal would impact the size of your inventory, and that’s a crucial piece to know and fully understand upfront.
Questions to Ask About Their Upline
6. Is there an interest group for your sponsor or up-line that you can join and observe? If so, what’s the atmosphere like? Is it organized? Does it provide value? You can’t assume what you don’t see, but the fact of the matter is, you won’t have access to TEAM groups until you’re a member of the team, which is then too late. Another concern is drama. Continue searching if that’s the vibe you’re getting because you don’t want or need that.
7. Ask them who their upline is. This is important because each person should know who their points of contact are all the way up to the top level.
8. Does their upline provide any training or particular value beyond your sponsor’s offerings?
Business is Business
9. Do NOT feel guilted into signing up with the person to introduce you simply because of a friendship, etc. This is business and you need to look at the bottomline, and that is what will work best for you. People get funny about loyalties but and become territorial. Be honest with any of your fiends or family if you decide to go with someone else, and tell them why. It doesn’t have to be personal, WE make it personal.
I wish you luck as you consider this amazing avenue for changing your life! Direct sales are amazing and can help you do great things if you’re willing to put in the work! Are you considering Paisley Raye but haven’t yet found a sponsor? I’d love to connect with you! Find me on Facebook and send shoot me a message!